Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Associate Imaging Representative (confocal) to join us in the New York, NY area. Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Imaging Representative (confocal) functions as a resource for the customer. Identify customer needs based upon detailed discussions. Using product and application knowledge, provide solutions to meet their imaging and system needs. Install and train customer using equipment purchased.
In a typical day, you will:
* Function as a resource for the customer, using product knowledge and application capabilities in microscopy, digital imaging, software and confocal microscopy.
* Provide the customer with demonstration and application notes in order to address all needs and promote a complete solution.
* Meet sales targets by working with the following as appropriate: OAI sales representatives and marketing personnel, dealers and other resources as available.
* Prepare quotations for customers to include detailed software and digital imaging specifications.
* Attend trade and local shows as assigned.
* Work with more senior Specialists to plan and conduct major presentations to explain theory and use of software and imaging products for high-end researchers.
* Develop an understanding of the key accounts in the territory.
* Develop relationships with leading researchers in the territory to enhance the reputation of Olympus in this market.
* Attend technical and sales training sessions.
* Maintain, manage and be accountable for sample account.
* Provide Sales Manager with weekly call reports via entries into CRM Calendar and weekly update of CRM open opportunities.
* Work to develop Olympus specifications for bids.
* Develop proficiency with Net Suite to generate Opportunities, Quotes, and searches for various data.
* Develop proficiency with administrative tools to include Outlook, Concur, SAP, Ozone, LMS, etc.
* Develop proficiency with Elton inventory control software.
* Operate within the Olympus Code of Ethics.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* Bachelor's Degree (Biomedical/Life Sciences or Technical Science) is required.
* Minimum 1-year experience preferred. Sales experience should be in Life Science or related technical industry, capital equipment sales preferred.
* Sales Experience should be in Life Science or related technical industry, Capital Equipment Sales preferred.
* If no sales experience, MS / Ph.D. degree with significant Confocal and/or Multiphoton experience preferred.
* Strong interpersonal communications and computer skills are necessary.
* Must be willing to travel.
Additional Salary Information: We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Internal Number: 5018BR
About Olympus Life Science
Olympus is a global technology leader, crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies; life sciences; industrial solutions; and cameras and audio products. Throughout our 100-year history, Olympus has focused on being true to society and making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
Our Life Sciences Business is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the evolving needs and expectations of life science professionals through a comprehensive range of clinical, educational and research microscopes and microscope systems.