Full-Time | $300,00 to $350,000
Lead. Practice. Teach.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate physician leader to combine your clinical practice and teaching skills to provide administrative leadership, clinical guidance and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neurological care to a multicultural community.
As the Stroke Medical Director, you’ll use your knowledge of cerebrovascular disease and experience caring for stroke patients to nurture, lead, guide, and educate residents, faculty, and staff to advance the program and improve patient experience, operational processes, and the best chance for positive patient outcomes. The physician leader will:
- Diagnose, treat, and manage patients with neurological disorders, and serve as a resource for vascular neurology
- Maintain a Neurology Office-based faculty practice and submit quarterly GME time studies
- Participate in quality and process improvement initiatives for the Stroke program
- Provide ACGME clinical supervision and teaching for residents, students, fellows, and other practitioners, including research activities
- Ensure compliance and maintain TJC and DOH certification/accreditation
To be successful in this role, incumbent must have:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Degree
- Board Certification in Neurology, Neuroradiology, Neurosurgery, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- NYS Medical License and NYS Department of Health Certificate of Qualification
- At least 6 years of demonstrated clinical experience
- Effective communication skills and Change Management experience
Team members enjoy a collaborative and collegial working environment, a location in the heart of vibrant and historic downtown Brooklyn, and a complete salary/benefits package. To be considered, please e-mail your CV directly to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Brooklyn Hospital Center provides a salary range and/or hourly rate to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, applicable collective bargaining agreements, differential pay, budget, and internal equity). The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive or other forms of compensation or benefits.