The UTRGV School of Medicine, Department of Neuroscience, is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow who is pursuing research as a vital component of their educational mission and professional career development. Research will be on understanding chronic neuropathic pain to include HIV-associated neuropathic pain with Alzheimer’s disease comorbidities.
• Conduct several behavioral experiments in rodents (e.g., pain-like behaviors, cognitive functions) by applying knowledge on biochemistry and cell biology to analyze results of experiments
• Test the analgesic efficacy and safety of several compounds
• Evaluate the therapeutic mechanism of action using behavioral, biochemical, and pharmacological assays
• Ensure compliance with ethical guidelines in conducting research, especially when dealing with hazardous materials and/or biological samples
• Assist with lab management duties such as maintaining and troubleshooting lab equipment and ensuring lab safety protocols are followed
• Prepare reports and papers for publication in refereed journals
• Participate in departmental activities and contribute to academic and scientific discussions
Required Education: Doctoral degree from an accredited University (based on funding restrictions degree may need to have been conferred within a set period of time previous to assuming position).
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.