Sutter Instrument/WaveMetrics is seeking to hire software developers to maintain and develop code for WaveMetrics Igor Pro. Applicants will need to have or develop expertise in using Igor Pro. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail. They must be able to deliver polished work with little or no supervision. Position will entail creating and maintaining software and sharing in our commitment to serving our customers. Applicant should have a degree in at least one scientific or mathematical discipline in addition to experience in writing event driven C++ applications. This position has the option to work remotely anywhere in the states of California, Oregon, or New York, or may work in either the Portland, Oregon or Novato, California offices. Benefits include full medical, dental, 401K, pension, ESOP and bonus.
Founded in 1987, WaveMetrics is the developer for Igor Pro, used worldwide as one of the leading data management & analysis packages. Its built-in, powerful programming environment makes Igor Pro the ideal platform for sophisticated scientific software applications. At the same time, Igor Pro is a popular platform for efficient analysis for creating even the most complex data visualizations in research publications. With the retirement of its founders, WaveMetrics was acquired by Sutter Instrument in 2022.
For almost 50 years, Sutter Instrument has been an international leader in the manufacture of precision instrumentation for the neurobiological sciences. We have the latest instrumentation for patch clamp and other electrophysiological techniques, and continue to expand our line of manipulators, light sources, multi-photon microscopes, and micropipette pullers. Located in Marin County, North of San Francisco, Sutter Instrument is known for continuous innovation and excellent customer service.
- Learning legacy code in order to support bug fixes and continued development
- Develop in C++ using the Qt framework
- Developing new features to extend the functionality of the Igor Pro application
- Writing technical documentation
- Technical support
- Bug fixes
- Masters degree or higher
- Ability to work in the United States
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong background in science and mathematics
- Excellent facility with C++
- Experience developing in Qt
- Experience in developing event-driven applications or operating systems
- Self-starter with the ability to manage projects both independently and part of a team
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn
- Familiarity with 3D Graphics programming a plus
- Up to date on Covid vaccinations