The Tisch Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York (Tisch MSRCNY) is an independent research center dedicated to finding the cause of and a cure for multiple sclerosis. Under the direction of Saud A. Sadiq, MD, FAAN, Tisch MSRCNY provides a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment to enable both basic and translational MS research (www.tischms.org). Our close affiliation with the International MS Management Practice (IMSMP) fosters interactions between scientists and clinicians and enables advancement of clinical studies. Current specific areas of investigation include (1) viral etiology of MS with focus on Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) and effects of SARS-CoV-2, (2) understanding mechanisms of disease progression using novel experimental models, (3) repair and regeneration strategies, including stem cells, (4) biomarker discovery and validation, and (5) translational research trials.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a principal investigator position at the research associate or assistant research scientist level, depending on experience. Applicants should demonstrate their capabilities to lead an independent research project with relevance to MS. Research topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Immunology/Neuroimmunology of MS with emphasis on B-cells or innate immune responses.
- Experimental animal models of demyelinating disease and neurodegeneration to investigate the mechanisms of disease progression in MS.
- The use of pluripotent stem cell-derived 2D and 3D (organoid) models of the brain to study glial and neuronal phenotypes associated with MS.
Successful candidate will be expected to train and supervise research assistants and will have opportunities to collaborate with other Tisch MSRCNY scientists. The position is fully funded for 3 years, with opportunity for extension.
Come visit us at our SfN 2023 posters!
- PhD or MD/PhD and postdoctoral experience in the biological sciences with relevance to MS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong publication record
Tisch MSRCNY offers a very competitive salary and benefits in a professional academic work environment. The position is in-person full-time. To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references. Please indicate "principal investigator application" in the subject line of the email.