The newly established Sensory-Perception Laboratory at the University of Utah is seeking a Laboratory Specialist starting in January 2024. The Lab Specialist will be responsible for helping with the day to day function of the laboratory and assist in the collection of data in ongoing research experiments. May provide veterinary technical support for animal model studies.
- Performs and directs specialized and complex lab tests and surgical procedures in animal models of disorders of the visual system.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in the design, implementation, and performance of new protocols and procedures as well as the modification of existing techniques.
- Review scientific journals and literature for information concerning experimental procedures.
- Perform statistical analyses of collected data and summarize results.
- Maintain records and track usage of supplies for reorder.
- May supervise, train, and manage other laboratory personnel.
- May oversee the organization and administration of lab functions.
- May interact with University administration to fulfill the research needs of the lab.
- This is an in office position
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Neuroscience, Physiology, or other scientific discipline or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience); two years full-time laboratory experience; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Working knowledge of advanced scientific techniques and procedures as well as the ability to make statistical calculations, analyze results, prepare reports and perform specialized tests also required.
Quick Link for Applicants: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/154605