Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bioanalytical instruments, medical devices, life science research tools and industrial applications like wafer defect inspection devices, quality control, and metrology. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, individual researchers and industrial leaders.
Using their educational or previous employment background in biological science, the Technical Communications Specialist supports Lumencor’s sales and marketing organization by generating written and graphical content for use in the company’s technical and marketing publications. To acquire and maintain the knowledge base required to inform the generation of written and graphical content, the Technical Communications Specialist will have a customer-facing role in the Technical Support team, responding to product support requests during and after the sales process.
- Identify, prioritize, and document opportunities for Lumencor sales of lighting products in the microscopy sales channel.
- Plan and execute training and other support functions to assist resellers and distributors of Lumencor products.
- Drive Lumencor product penetration within Big 4 Microscope organizations and proven dealers (Evident, Carl Zeiss, Nikon and Leica.)
- Train and develop reseller and customer expertise in the use of Lumencor products, through on-site and web-based interaction.
- Maintain contact with current and new “high-impact” customers.
- Understand biological research applications and be able to provide Lumencor solutions to fulfill researchers’ needs.
- Visit key customers and labs to provide training, installation assistance, and/or present Lumencor products in support of sales.
- Maintain customer records and document all customer and prospect interactions, using SalesForce CRM.
- Assist in meeting and exceeding demanding sales goals and quotas.
- Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability and credit terms.
- Prepare quotations and aid in responses to RFQs and Bids.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Maintain an organized working style with visible calendaring and detailed administrative practices for maintaining and forecasting customers and prospects.
- science research or industry.
- Advanced knowledge of optics, lasers, and/or digital microscopy techniques.
- A successful candidate must be familiar with and have the capability to speak intelligently about microscopy, optics, and the practice of sound experimental design.
- The candidate must understand fluorescence microscopy as well as other life science applications that require high performance lighting.
- The candidate must be able to respond to application questions and/or troubleshooting via sketching and talking in an educated, informed manner.
- Up to 50% of employment time spent traveling to support sales efforts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in your state of residence.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Building Rapport - Seeks out sales opportunities and follows through in learning about contact, initiating communications and building relationships.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Vitality - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Impact - Creating a good first impression, commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence.
- Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying ones own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Initiative - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employee health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We diligently research market compensation to be sure our employees feel rewarded for the excellent work they contribute to Lumencor. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.