Are you passionate about unraveling the mysteries of brain aging and eager to make a meaningful impact on age-related cognitive decline? The Schafer Lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to contribute to our cutting-edge NIH-funded research in the areas of aged brain cell senescence and molecular spatial mapping. Candidates should have experience in neuroscience research and an interest in exploring age-dependent changes in brain microenvironments through high-dimensional spatial omic platforms. Join us on a journey of discovery, innovation, and collaboration, in which we are dedicated to identifying and targeting cell fates and mechanisms to counteract the effects of aging in the mammalian brain.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Interest in brain aging
- Background in neuroscience
- Highly desirable expertise in any of the following domains:
- Transgenic mouse model experimentation
- Imaging and microscopy
- Single cell sequencing or molecular spatial mapping
- Advanced bioinformatics analyses
- Strong work ethic and communication skills
Candidates are invited to submit the following materials to Schafer.Marissa@Mayo.edu or by searching for “Schafer” at https://jobs.mayoclinic.org/ :
- CV: Provide your detailed curriculum vitae showcasing your educational background, research experience, and accomplishments.
- Cover Letter: Include a brief statement explaining how your expertise aligns with our research.
- References: Share the contact information for three professional references who can vouch for your qualifications and dedication.
This is your chance to be a part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and pioneering team dedicated to making a real difference in the field of brain aging. Don't miss out on the opportunity to shape the future of brain health research – apply today and become an integral part of the Schafer Lab's exciting discoveries!