The Simmons laboratory, housed within the College of Arts & Sciences, Department of Biology (www.baylor.edu/biology), is looking to hire a Postdoctoral Research Associate - Molecular Mechanisms of Hearing Loss.
What You Will Do
• Assist scientific director in planning and organizing research.
• Perform experiments involving animal and/or cell culture models.
• Perform descriptive and multivariable statistical analysis of research results.
• Prepares scientific articles for publication; works with scientists on externally funded research proposals.
• Maintain current knowledge regarding animal training/certifications for laboratory work and animal care and use.
• Present publications and research results at conferences and symposiums.
• Attend training as required for job.
• Work on other projects assigned by the PI.
• Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission
• Ability to comply with University policies
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to https://www.baylor.edu/hr/index.php?id=949184
Explore & Engage
Learn more about https://www.baylor.edu/about/ and our strategic vision, https://www.baylor.edu/illuminate/. Also, explore our great hometown of https://www.baylor.edu/waco/ and the many opportunities to https://www.baylor.edu/waco/index.php?id=970687 If you are new to Central Texas, https://vimeo.com/452638883
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4710709