A Postdoctoral Associate position is available in the Park Lab, Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences for an advanced or early-stage postdoctoral fellow with a Ph.D. in biology, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry or psychology. The incumbent will be part of an NIH/NIDA funded project to monitor of neurochemicals (e.g. dopamine, norepinephrine) in the brain of living rodents using electrochemical microsensors coupled with genetic techniques to understand role of neurochemicals in methamphetamine use disorders and its-related behavioral changes using animal models of the human pathology of addiction (e.g. self-administration, foot shock-induced reinstatement). Priority will be given to individuals with research experience with survival stereotaxic surgeries as well as jugular vein catheterization in rodents.
Application Link: www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/45929
- Applicants must have a Ph.D in biology, neuroscience, physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, psychology or related discipline
- Prior experience working with rodents is required
Individuals with research experience in:
- Individuals with research experience in:
- Drug/food self-administration, Foot-shock induced reinstatement.
- Jugular vein and Survival stereotaxic surgeries
- Psychostimulant-related research
- Basic knowledge of statistics and behavioral analyses/animal tracking
- Strong publication history