Post Doctoral Fellow - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (Department of Neuroscience)
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Post Doctoral Fellow with the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute/Department of Neuroscience
About the Opportunity
As part of a recently awarded project entitled, "West Virginia Network for Functional Neuroscience and Transcriptomics" (WV-NFNT), the Departments of Biology and Neuroscience at West Virginia University are seeking productive, skilled, and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows for several exciting research projects, with overall theme of neural circuit plasticity during development and in response to rearing conditions, sensory discrimination training, or stress. Several positions are also available for motivated graduate students interested in Neuroscience.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
• A range of health insurance and various other benefits
• Dependent Education Scholarship
• WVU Perks
• And More!!
What you’ll do:
Successful candidates will study mouse or zebrafish models using state-of-the-art technology including in-vivo electrophysiology, super-resolution microscopy, and spatial transcriptomics.
- PhD in neuroscience is required.
- 0-6 months experience in cutting-edge structural, functional, or molecular research methods in neuroscience.
- Work in collaboration with other researchers within and outside their laboratory.
- Excellent scientific writing and oral communication skills.
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and addresses (including e-mail) of three (3) references
Links to Apply:
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC’s mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2023
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes