Research Fellowship: Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care is accepting applications for a research fellowship funded by the NIH. Positions are available with flexible starting dates in 2024. The primary goal of the fellowship is to prepare anesthesiologists for academic research careers, although physicians from related specialties may be considered. Fellows who have completed anesthesiology residency will have the opportunity to join the faculty as Clinical Instructors and dedicate 20% effort to clinical work without call.
Candidates interested in basic, translational, and clinical research in areas that are relevant to anesthesiology and the perioperative sciences are invited to apply. Fellows will receive in-depth research mentorship, complete tailored coursework, and join a community of diverse physician-scientists. The program is structured around five integrated tracks:
• Critical Care and Immunology
• Neurosciences and Pain
• Omics, Bioinformatics, and Medical Informatics
• Health Outcomes, Disparities/Equity, and Implementation Science
• Molecular Biology and Biomedical Imaging
• Research with an experienced faculty mentor and team of advisors
• Well-established departmental research training program (Pathway to Scientific Independence) that incorporates longstanding NIH T32 fellowship
• The benefits of training in the world-renowned research environment of UCSF
• $4,500 annually for conference travel, coursework, or other research expenses
• Ability to apply for an annual $20,000 department research grant
• Training activities include grant writing, bioethics, research presentations, career development plans, and regular dinners with other research trainees and junior faculty
• Ability for anesthesiologists to maintain their clinical skills through 20% clinical work (no call) and volunteer shifts
• MD or comparable doctoral degree from an accredited domestic or foreign institution
• U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or permanent residents only
• The fellowship requires a minimum 2-year commitment
Commitment to Diversity:
UCSF has an exceptional commitment to excellence and diversity. We encourage and welcome all qualified applications and particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups in the sciences, including underrepresented minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. UCSF offers reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who would like to discuss potential accommodations or engage in a confidential conversation, please contact Disability Management Services at 415-476-2621.
For more information about the fellowship and to request an application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the fellowship website: https://apptrkr.com/4609174.