The Department of Psychology at California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) invites applications for a Tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor (Academic Year) with the appointment starting in Fall 2024.
At CSUDH, we celebrate and respect diversity in all forms that include every race, religion, gender, ethnicity, veterans, people with varied abilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. CSUDH is seeking applications from candidates who can demonstrate experience in teaching and working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and contribute to the University’s mission, vision, and core values.
For more information: Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
The candidate’s area of specialization will be in biological psychology. Responsibilities will include teaching a subset of courses within our undergraduate and graduate program specific to the candidate’s area of expertise. Other duties include committee work at the department, community, or professional level. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supervising and chairing graduate student theses in the Clinical Psychology and/or Health Psychology MA programs. The candidate is expected to establish and maintain an active research laboratory that involves students; the area of research is open within the field of biological psychology. Candidates should have a demonstrated potential of use rodent model systems in their research, along with low-cost approaches to neuroscience research.
- Applicants must have experience in working with students from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Psychology with an emphasis in biological/neuroscience, or related fields. Applicants who are “ABD” will be considered; however, the doctoral degree must be completed prior to employment. The applicant must have research experience (i.e., peer reviewed publications and/or externally funded grants) and experience mentoring graduate and/or undergraduate students.
- Applicants should have evidence of effective teaching and other instructionally-related activities. The applicant should have an active research program with a record of peer reviewed publications and potential for generating external funding. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to contributing to a collegial and collaborative work environment. Applicants should have experience in or demonstrated commitment to service at the department, university, community, or professional level The applicant should have experience researching non-human animal model systems. Preferred applicants should have experience with low-cost approaches to neuroscience research, including (but not exclusive to) use of invertebrate model systems, ex vivo/in vitro methodologies, and/or use of low-cost tools in their work.
How to Apply
A completed on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/531994/assistant-professor-psychology-biological
Job no: 531944
Application Deadline Date:
The position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin in November 2023. For full consideration, please submit your completed application with the required materials no later than November 1, 2023:
- Current Curriculum Vitae with contact information
- Cover letter
- Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (2 pages maximum)*
- List of 3 references with contact information**
- Unofficial transcripts (an official transcript will be required for the finalist)***
- A Statement on Teaching (2 pages maximum)
- A Statement on Research (2 pages maximum)
- Sample Publications or Evidence of Creative/Scholarly Activity
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
*Given CSUDH’s commitment to diversity and inclusion for all students, faculty, staff, and administrators, describe your individual commitment and experiences in advancing diversity and inclusion and how they relate to your future teaching and research.
**This position requires three letters of recommendation (LORs). Please do not upload your LORs with your application. Your list of references will be notified at the appropriate time during the search process. They will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the LOR. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUDH by logging back into your applicant portal.
***For finalist with International transcripts, a United States Equivalency certification will be required.
A United States (US) Equivalency certification is required for earned/awarded/conferred foreign terminal degrees, which is from a foreign Academic Institution for foreign studies. The US Equivalency certification is used to validate foreign studies from an academic credential evaluation agency and is evaluated on foreign studies and deemed to be equivalent to degrees from the United States. The certification must translate the information in English, and confirm that your highest terminal degree is US Equivalent to a US terminal degree (i.e., Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate’s, Doctor’s of Philosophy). The certification can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed directly to the office of Faculty Affairs and Development, 1000 East Victoria Street, WH-368, Carson, CA 90747.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Dr. Kevin Montes
Search Committee Chair