Position Highlights The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix (College) invites applications for multiple tenure-track faculty positions in the Department of Translational Neurosciences (TNS). We are seeking candidates who apply innovative approaches to investigate the development, function and malfunction of the central nervous system at all levels of analyses. Appointments will be given based on experience. While all neuroscience areas are welcome, candidates with interests in mental health, substance abuse disorders, neuronal injury, cerebrovascular function and injury, age-related or neurodevelopmental disorders, sex differences and inter-systemic comorbidities are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will fulfill the responsibilities of a faculty member, actively participate in basic, preclinical or translational research, teaching service and/or scholarly work and must qualify for an appointment at the rank of assistant, associate or full professor.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Bioscience Core in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish active independent research programs.
- Demonstrate excellence in research and other scholarly work.
- Participate in department’s educational mission.
- Participate in activities including outreach, collaborative research, teaching, and other departmental and institutional initiatives and service.
- PhD and/or MD in a related field, with post-doctoral training experience and track record of publishing research findings in leading journals.
- A funding record consistent with experience and rank sought.