Looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits? Look no further! Join our team!
A postdoctoral associate is sought with experience in Optogenetics, Fiber Photometry, and/or Electrophysiological recordings in freely moving rodents. This postdoc will join the lab of Dr. Catherine Thorn to investigate the neural substrates of motor learning in healthy subjects and during stroke recovery. The NIH-funded postdoctoral associate will carry out preclinical translational research investigating the mechanisms by which Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) enhances neuroplasticity in cortico-basal ganglia motor circuits. Applicants must have a PhD or MD degree. Applicants should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, a curriculum vitae, and 3 letters of reference.
As a member of the Department of Neuroscience and housed in the Bioengineering and Sciences Building, affiliations are possible with the Texas Biomedical Device Center, the Center for Advanced Pain Studies, The Callier Center for Communication Disorders, The Center for Vital Longevity, and The Center for Brain Health. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourage applications from backgrounds underrepresented in STEM including women, Black, Hispanic, Indigenous, and LGBTQ+ scientists.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility is experimental design and execution.
- Write research protocols, grants, and papers, and give public presentations of research findings.
- Will supervise and train graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED: PhD in a related field.
PREFERRED: Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field plus prior experience with rodent handling and behavioral training. Prior experience with modern neural stimulation and/or recording techniques preferred.
About UT Dallas:
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged to their pursuit of excellence.
What we have to Offer:
UT Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusiveness. We offer an employee-friendly work environment with a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Benefits
- Medical insurance – including 100% paid employee medical coverage for full-time employees
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- Retirement Plan Options
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Remote work is not available for this position.
- All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
- The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.