Assisant/Associate Professor - Full Time Medical Educator
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Lubbock, Texas
- Commensurate with experience.
- Closing date
- Jun 10, 2023
- Graduate School or University, Medical, Veterinary or Dental School
- Job Function
- Faculty Member
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Any Experience Level Considered
The TTUHSC School of Medicine at Lubbock, Texas, is seeking three Full-Time Medical Educator positions in the Department of Medical Education at the Assistant or Associate Professor levels or a rank commensurate with qualifications. The School of Medicine has a nationally-recognized reputation for quality and innovation in medical education. Faculty members will work to support all aspects of the School of Medicine and its preclinical curriculum, infrastructure, process, and procedures, with responsibilities for teaching (large- and small-group didactics), assessment, and training to assume roles in block/course leadership. Faculty members will collaborate with other preclinical and clinical faculty members to integrate and reinforce concepts throughout the four-year curriculum, serve as content experts in developing specific educational and assessment materials to be delivered in a variety of student-centered, simulation and other innovative pedagogies, and serve as facilitators for small-group learning.
Specific areas of content expertise preferred:
- Biochemistry/ Cell biology/ Pathophysiology
- Anatomy/ Physiology
The TTUHSC School of Medicine provides excellent undergraduate medical education through an innovative and patient-centered curriculum. Additional information about the school is available through our institutional website: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/
- Ph.D., Ed.D., Pharm.D., M.D./D.O., or equivalent terminal degree in the biomedical sciences (Ph.D. must be in a biomedical science discipline with evidence of substantial formal training/development in one of the areas of content expertise listed above; M.D. candidates without a Ph.D. must have additional credentials related to advanced scientific training and scholarship in a biomedical science discipline.) Convincing promise or existing evidence of outstanding talent as an educator A relevant and substantial record of scholarship (including abstracts, publications and presentations) Credentials sufficient to merit appointment at the academic rank of Assistant Professor or higher according to the policies of the TTUHSC School of Medicine. See documents at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/faculty-forms.aspx
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants with the following additional attributes:
- Experience and content expertise in areas relevant to the preclinical medical curriculum Leadership in directing a SOM block course Formal training or experience in educational theory and/or evaluation and assessment Applicants who are licensed, actively practicing and Board Certified (ABMS recognized) physicians with a Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree in a biomedical science
This medical educator position is salaried and fully funded. Salary, academic rank and tenure option are commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included. All candidates must apply online at https://www.texastech.edu/careers/ search for Requisition 33502BR. The position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Additionally, TTUHSC SOM is hiring for a Learning Specialist faculty position. Information on this positions can be found by searching for Requisition 33499BR online at https://www.texastech.edu/careers/.
For further information please contact Maggie Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert