Seeking a highly motivated, full-time Research Assistant I to work on a project at the intersection of Computational Neuroscience, Engineering and Computer Science. The project aims to quantify neural maturation in the adolescent human brain, using Big Data and cutting-edge computational tools. This is an excellent opportunity to work at a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital, become involved in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience and learn new computational techniques.
The Research Assistant I will be responsible for:
- Data preparation,
- fMRI/neural signal analysis
- Matlab programming and statistical analysis
- Work independently on the development of computer programs for data analysis
- Work closely with a multi-site team of investigators and their students in Neuroscience, Computer Science and Engineering
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor of Science in degree in Neuroscience, Biological/Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (focus on Signal Processing), or Physics.
- Experience in Matlab programming and preferably experience in fMRI data processing.
- Coursework in computational Neuroscience (if pursuing degree in Neuroscience)
- Experience in analysis of human brain data is heavily preferred
- Coursework in control theory is desirable but not a prerequisite
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits including flexible schedules, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, child care and student loan subsidies, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition and certain License and Certification Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes. Experience the benefits of passion and teamwork.