Postdoctoral Positions in Neurobiology of Motivation and Behavior
- Florida State University
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Based on the NIH guideline for postdoc fellows and the candidate's experience
- Closing date
- May 30, 2023
- Graduate School or University
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Integrative Physiology & Behavior, Motivation & Emotion
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Any Experience Level Considered
Two postdoctoral associate positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Xiaobing Zhang in the Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience at Florida State University. The Zhang lab is interested in studying neural circuits for the control of motivated behaviors. Our research projects currently focus on the neurobiology of motivated food intake and eating disorders. We combine cutting-edge technologies and behavioral approaches to dissect neural circuits for normal food intake as well as neural dysfunctions that lead to obesity and eating disorders (Nat Neuroscience 2016; Science 2017; Neuropsychopharmacology 2021; J. Neuroscience 2022; Molecular Metabolism 2022). To learn more about our research, please visit our lab website: https://zhanglab.neuro.fsu.edu/publications
Qualified candidates should have:
- A Ph.D. or MD degree in Neuroscience or related disciplines are required. A record of excellence and productivity in research, and the ability to lead work independently are required. Experience in stereotactic brain surgery of mice for virus injection and canula implantation, regular behavioral tests, slice patch-clamp recording, and in vivo fiber photometry is preferred but not required. Experience in in vivo imaging of single neuron using miniscope or two-photon microscope are desired.
The successful applicant will join our collaborative team to employ traditional electrophysiology and state-of-the-art tools such as in vivo single-neuron imaging, fiber photometry, optogenetics, and chemogenetics for our research goal. The highly motivated postdoc will also have opportunities to pursue follow-on/early career funding based on current projects or other ongoing research initiatives. We strongly encourage candidates with experience in studying the neurobiology of emotion and motivation to apply for the positions.
The positions are funded by newly funded NIH R01 grants. The salary will be competitive based on the NIH standard and the candidate’s experience.
To apply, interested applicants should submit their cover letter (including research experience and interests) and CV at https://jobs.fsu.edu (reference Job ID 54238). Applicant should also arrange for 3 confidential letters of reference to Dr. Xiaobing Zhang via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert