Open Rank Faculty Position in Neuroscience
- Nova Southeastern University
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials.
- Closing date
- May 30, 2023
- Graduate School or University, Undergraduate College
- Job Function
- Faculty Member
- Research Area
- Cognition, Development, Integrative Physiology & Behavior, Motivation & Emotion, Motor Systems, Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia, Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury, Sensory Systems, Techniques
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Any Experience Level Considered
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at Nova Southeastern University invites qualified applications for an open rank faculty position in neuroscience (Position #991637). We are seeking an individual with teaching and/or research expertise in Neuroscience. Candidates with experience working with rodent or cellular models are particularly sought after.
The successful candidates are expected to have demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring of students. Additionally, they must be actively involved in research and scholarship, with expectations to maintain an ongoing program of research, publish, and supervise student research. The most desirable candidates will have a track record of, or potential to secure external funding to support research. The Department is dedicated to the principles of excellence, equity, and respect for all individuals. We seek candidates with a commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational environment. A complete application will include: a cover letter, an up-to-date CV, a research statement, a teaching philosophy, and a document describing your contributions to inclusivity and equal opportunity in higher education.
The teaching expectation for the position includes core neuroscience courses in a variety of potential formats (online, in person, with and without lab, etc.). The faculty member is also expected to fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, and university. Candidate’s ability and willingness to contribute to the existing collegial and collaborative culture within the Neuroscience program’s culture is also important.
- Doctorate degree in neuroscience or a related field College and/or university level teaching experience A record of scholarly publications Expertise in neuroscience Ability to work effectively with diverse student body
- Experience in developing laboratory activities for the classroom Research experience and expertise in either human neuroscience or cell culture Potential to secure external funding to support a research program
Nova Southeastern University is a not-for-profit university located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, approximately 25 miles north of Miami. NSU is proud of its U.S. Department of Education designation as a Hispanic-serving institution, and awards more doctoral and professional degrees to Hispanics and other minorities than any other university in the United States. NSU is also second in the U.S. for professional degrees awarded to African Americans. The College of Psychology places a high priority on the creation of an environment supportive of diversity in faculty and students, a core value of the university.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, visit https://nsucareers.nova.edu/en-us/job/503867/faculty-rank-tbd-neuroscience-9m-991637.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to Dr. Allie Holschbach (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert