AT MCLEAN HOSPITAL
McLean Hospital, America’s top ranked freestanding psychiatric hospital, is inviting applications for Program Director, full time at The McLean Institute for Technology in Psychiatry (ITP), in Belmont, MA.
The ITP was founded in 2016 to bring more effective, personalized, and accessible mental health care to individuals globally and advance psychiatric research through innovations in digital health technology and informatics at McLean Hospital. Its primary goals are to identify and develop promising new technologies that can positively impact psychiatric care, foster collaborations between industry and academia, promote integration of technology across campus, and create a community of support and advice to navigate implementation of these technologies that uphold responsible and ethical standards.
The ITP is hiring a Program Director to support the core ITP activities and to implement the strategy and mission for the Institute.
- Leading clinical research studies and formulating clinical implementation strategies for technology at McLean
- Applying for grant funding opportunities and publishing research results
- Piloting small-scale novel technologies at McLean to determine recommendations and potential use cases
- Authoring/contributing to technology and psychiatry-related literature
- Assisting with the management of the annual Technology in Psychiatry Summit
- Developing and overseeing outreach and communications material, including the weekly tech + psych newsletter
- Managing industry interactions for possible collaborations with McLean
- Hosting community conversations/events/demos at McLean to foster education and collaboration
- Liaising with the McLean development team, focusing on donor opportunities
- Communicating with McLean Public Affairs around ITP branding
- Liaising with clinical teams across McLean
- Continuing additional ITP activities as needed to develop and implement the ITP’s vision, including the maintenance of community resources
- Teaching and mentoring of post-docs, research assistants and other staff
Salary and recruitment package in accordance with Hospital policies, and a Harvard Medical School appointment at the academic rank of Lecturer, Instructor or Assistant Professor (full or part time) will be contingent on meeting the requirements for an HMS appointment and candidate qualifications.
- Doctorate in psychology, neuroscience, or other related field
- 3+ years experience with digital health technologies
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae along with the names and addresses of three references by email to: Kerry Ressler, MD, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer; Chief, Division of Depression and Anxiety Disorders; McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, Email: KRESSLER@MCLEAN.HARVARD.EDU and the Registrar and Professional Staff Office at email@example.com
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
A member of Mass General Brigham.