The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo, is seeking a candidate for the position at the Professor level. We look for an outstanding candidate with an internationally recognized research program to complement existing strengths in the department, including, but not limited to, the neurobiology of neurodevelopmental disorders and aging-associated neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative conditions. We particularly encourage applications from investigators who study roles of the central-peripheral interactions in the pathophysiology of brain disorders and systems diseases.
In this position, the candidate is expected to establish and maintain an internationally recognized research program, excel in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and will be active in service in the department and school.
The duties of your faculty appointment will involve a combination of the following:
- Teaching undergraduate, graduate and professional students and post-doctoral fellows
- Research and administrative activities within the Department of Physiology and Biophysics.
- Curriculum development and assessment at the undergraduate, and graduate levels.
- Work with the Chair and members of the faculty, develop and assess course content and other educational materials, evaluate teaching effectiveness and act as the liaison and representative of the Department on various committees and working groups.
- Work with the Medical School’s Offices of Curriculum and Medical Education and Education Research Institute (MEERI) to ensure the instructional materials and delivery to our medical students is effective and representative of LCME standards.
- Support the research mission of UB by being a publishing scholar in peer review publications and seeking and receiving external funding for your work.
- Organize and participate in divisional and departmental conferences, as required.
- Participation in the Departmental, Medical School, and University efforts to promote and maintain an environment of inclusiveness and respect for all learners and the greater UB community.
This tenured position includes a State-supported salary with excellent benefits, a highly competitive start-up package, and office and research space in a new spacious downtown building of the medical school with state-of-the-art research cores and facilities.