The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (OUWB) is seeking applicants for an open rank, tenure-track faculty position in Neuroscience or a closely related field. The School of Medicine recognizes outstanding and innovative teaching and medical education-related scholarship as a basis for promotion and tenure. The successful candidate will be expected to work with an interdisciplinary team of educators from other basic science and clinical disciplines to develop, implement and evaluate neuroscience-related curricular elements in our integrated curriculum.
1. Provide instruction in clinically-applied neuroscience in various settings including the classroom, clinical sites, laboratory, as well as computer-based and other distance- learning delivery systems. Generate curricular materials for instructional activities. Coordinate and integrate instructional activities and curricular materials with other faculty to enhance the learning experience for students.
2. Establish learning objectives and competency standards for undergraduate medical students. Contribute to the process of student assessment, developing, implementing and evaluating assessment materials and procedures.
3. Develop and implement effective remediation processes for students identified as performing below established competency standards.
4. Use and promote best practices in education. Provide mentoring, training and support for other faculty to improve instruction across the curriculum and encourage adoption of improved instructional techniques by our faculty.
5. Maintain and improve personal expertise in discipline content and instructional methodology through participation in faculty development activities and self-directed learning.
6. Advise medical students regarding academic and curricular matters.
7. Participate in scholarly activity in areas of expertise and collaborate in scholarly activity in medical education. Scholarly activities may include the advancement of new theories and principles, expansion and interpretation of existing ideas, theories, and principles, and improvement and application of knowledge, especially in new settings. Submit scholarly work for open dissemination and professional peer review.
8. Perform administrative duties, such as course director or discipline director, as negotiated and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will also have:
A. Experience in basic science course development and directorship
B. Unequivocal evidence of effective teaching to students at the medical school (preferred) or other health science professional school level
C. Demonstrate potential for scholarly and creative activity that would merit appointment in a basic science department as a full-time educator
D. Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
An M.D., D.O. or Ph.D. in an appropriate/related field
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/yy8O66fwQqOXqiw5ys6brA