Fellow, Kempner Institute for the Study of Natural and Artificial Intelligence at Harvard University
- Kempner Institute for the Study of Natural and Artificial Intelligence at Harvard University
- Allston, Massachusetts
- $100,000 per year
- Closing date
- Feb 10, 2023
- Graduate School or University, Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org.
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Cognition, Development, Integrative Physiology & Behavior, Motivation & Emotion, Motor Systems, Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia, Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury, Sensory Systems, Techniques
- Position Type
- Any Experience Level Considered
The Kempner Institute is a community of scholars, who work across boundaries and fields to advance our understanding of intelligence, broadly speaking. Kempner Institute Fellows will join a dynamic community to learn, collaborate, and discover. They will seek to fundamentally and radically advance our understanding of Natural and Artificial Intelligence.
We seek candidates with demonstrated ability and creativity who study one or more of the following areas:
- Foundations of intelligence, including mathematical and computational models of intelligence, cognitive theories of intelligence, computational neurobiology, and the neurobiological basis of intelligence.
- Applications of artificial intelligence, including natural language processing, visual scene processing and analysis, and to the mechanistic analysis of high dimensional neural and behavioral data. The study of these applications can either be from an engineering standpoint (e.g. development of new methodologies or advancing the state of the art) as well as from a scientific one (e.g. achieving a better understanding of deep learning).
The Fellowship is intended for early stage scientists and will provide them with opportunities for intellectual growth in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. The fellows will independently set their research agenda but are strongly encouraged to work between fields and collaborate with preeminent experts at the Kempner Institute and at Harvard, more generally.
Applicants must have received their PhD no earlier than September 1, 2020 and no later than September 1, 2023.
Fellows will begin their appointments in September 2023. Fellows will be appointed for a term of up to 3 years, with an annual salary of $100,000 and up to $10,000 per year of research support.
Fellows will have access to shared office space, world-class computational resources and engineering support. They will benefit from a wide and deeply-engaged community of scientists, as well as access to the breadth of resources and facilities available to members of Harvard University.
Candidates are urged to apply by January 15, 2023. However, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after January 15 if positions remain available.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis during the application window. Candidates will be invited to give a presentation and interview with members of the Kempner Community via a virtual platform.
For more information about the Kempner Institute and the Fellows Program, please visit our website at https://www.harvard.edu/kempner-institute/ .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert