Postdoc or technician
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- $30,000-$60,000 per year plus benefits based on experience and background
- Closing date
- Feb 11, 2023
- Graduate School or University
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Any Experience Level Considered
This position at the Medical University of South Carolina aims to understand the microbiome and B cell dysfunction in several human disease pathogenesis: HIV, cannabis/cocaine of abuse, and COVID-19. This position will involve conducting assays and helping running the lab.
Additional Knowledge, skill, ability preferred:
The ideal candidate is to have the experience of experiments related to neuroscience in animals, but not necessary.
Guideline and Supervision:
Maintain daily research work under the guidance of the PI.
1. Perform experiments (e.g., IHC, flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, etc), collect research data, and analyze results and generate figures..
Give mice microbiome or other chemicals based on each project, and collect blood and each organs including brains from mice. Obtain mouse brain tissues based on different area, and analyze neuron toxic markers (e.g., neuron counts, APP, p-Tau, Amyloid-beta 1-42), markers of microglia and astrocyte activation (e.g., IBA1, CD45, TMEM119), and neuroinflammation (e.g., MCP-1, IL-6). Conduct behavioral tests (e.g., memory, anxiety).
2. Maintain lab routine work (e.g., autoclave the biologic trash and maintain liquid nitrogen).
3. Train new lab members.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert