Translational Predictive Biology is the future. And NC State is investing in the future now.
Our vision is to seamlessly integrate data analytics/artificial intelligence with biological systems to predict in vivo responses from in vitro systems and transform the way we solve complex problems in animal and human health.
To help us shape and achieve this vision we seek to hire an interdisciplinary cluster of FIVE highly innovative and collaborative faculty in:
• MATHEMATICAL MODELING/MACHINE LEARNING (Open rank, Open Department, NC State). Expertise in developing innovative approaches to improve multi-modal data integration and fusion, machine learning/artificial intelligence for applications to multi-omics and mathematical modeling of complex biological systems.
• ORGANOID BIOLOGY (Assistant Professor, Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, NC State). Expertise in quantitative molecular and cellular methods and interested in applying their expertise to develop and apply new organoid-based models for predictive biol
• MICROPHYSIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS (Open Rank, Biomedical Engineering, joint NC State/UNC Chapel Hill Program, College of Engineering). Expertise in microfluidics, biomaterials, biosensor technology, and/or their combination to develop novel cell-based microanalytical systems that can more accurately predict in vivo behavior.
• MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY (Assistant Professor, Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, NC State). Expertise in pharmacogenomics and molecular pharmacology and the development and utilization of biomarkers that can be used to inform predictive computational models.
• LARGE ANIMAL PHYSIOLOGY (Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences or Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, NC State). Expertise studying the impact of novel therapeutics, including pharmaceutical and/or biological therapies on animal physiology as a way to assess their safety and efficacy.
The five incoming faculty will synergize with existing faculty to build an internationally-recognized center focused on developing integrated systems and analytical methods that can predict in vivo responses from in vitro systems.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All North Carolina State University is a land-grant university and a qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, constituent institution of the University of North Carolina color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran
If interested, please apply: https://apptrkr.com/3690375