Are you an electrophysiologist with an interest in the pathophysiology of neurological and psychiatric disorders and would like to contribute to this important area in an intellectually stimulating, interdisciplinary academic environment?
Opportunity: Staff Research Scientist Position
The Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease in San Francisco could offer you outstanding opportunities to pursue the above goal and improve the lives of people around the world. We have a long track record of innovation in disease-focused neuroscience and of training leaders in this field.
Apply now to join the highly interactive team of scientists in Lennart Mucke’s laboratory, who focus on processes that cause cognitive and behavioral disorders ranging from dementias to epileptic encephalopathies and autism spectrum disorders.
- Master’s degree (and 8+ years relevant experience) or Ph.D. and 3+ years postdoctoral experience in a relevant area and a strong background in electrophysiology.
- Outstanding record of academic achievements and research productivity
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in a range of electrophysiological methods such as extracellular field, whole-cell patch-clamp, and microelectrode array recordings
- Solid knowledge of electrophysiological acquisition and analysis software such as pClamp and WinLTP, and coding capabilities in Igor Pro, MatLab or Python
- Independence in experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Exemplary initiative, dedication, scientific rigor, technical skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to effectively interact with internal colleagues and external collaborators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and capability to present scientific results to scientists of diverse backgrounds
- High level of productivity and focus on the generation of conclusive and informative data
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please include your statement of interests, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references in your application through the Gladstone Careers page: https://gladstone.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/details/Research-Scientist-or-Staff-Research-Scientist--Mucke-Lab_REQ-1796 or email them to: Randi.email@example.com
More About Us
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research organization that is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco. It is located in an award winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, a short distance from downtown San Francisco, one of the most interesting and cosmopolitan places in the world.