Wu Tsai Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Yale University
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Starting salary beyond NIH levels (varies by track) + benefits
- Closing date
- Dec 9, 2022
- Graduate School or University
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Cognition, Development, Integrative Physiology & Behavior, Motivation & Emotion, Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia, Techniques
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Entry Level
The Wu Tsai Postdoctoral Fellowships program seeks applications from soon-to-be PhDs or current postdocs interested in interdisciplinary research at the frontiers of neuroscience. We are particularly interested in applications from scientists from backgrounds historically underrepresented in science and/or who have a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The program offers a generous stipend (well beyond NIH baseline postdoc salary levels) for up to 3 years, funds for training and relocation, cohort-based professional development and community-building activities, and access to cutting-edge facilities in the new Wu Tsai Institute (WTI) at Yale, dedicated to integrative studies of the mind. International applicants are welcome. The program features two postdoctoral fellowship tracks for scientists with different research interests and mentoring needs. While each track differs slightly in terms of mentoring and salary, the application and selection process is the same.
- Computational Track - For scientists with expertise in computer science, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, applied math, or related fields, who are interested in establishing independent collaborations with labs across Yale and applying skills to the understanding of human cognition.
- Experimental Track - For scientists wishing to work on co-mentored long-term projects in defined and exciting interdisciplinary neuroscience areas (see website for full list of opportunities)
All applications must include:
- Cover letter - Please identify the track and, if applicable, the research project(s) to which you are applying (see above). Describe your interest in the interdisciplinary mission of the WTI and why you are motivated to join our community and become part of this program (1 page).
- Research statement - Summarize prior research experiences and contributions and describe your postdoctoral research interests. We are particularly interested in how you envision advancing your understanding of human cognition based on your background and disciplinary interests (2 pages).
- DEI statement - Please describe how your unique background, identity or experience will contribute to diversity, equity, or inclusion at WTI, Yale, and in science (2 pages).
- Two letters of recommendation - One letter must be from your thesis advisor(s). The letters should address the quality, originality, and independence of your research and potential. Letters must be received by the submission deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Curriculum vitae - Please provide a current CV, including papers that are published, in press, or deposited in preprint server (e.g., bioRxiv or arXiv).
The deadline for applications is December 15. Find more information and application instructions here: https://wti.yale.edu/initiatives/postdoctoral
Eligibility and Evaluation:
- PhD or equivalent or equivalent awarded by the beginning of the Fellowship or within the last 3 years (not before 2019)
- Non-U.S. citizens welcome
- Current Yale postdocs /PhD students not eligible
- Particularly interested in scientists with a genuine commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in science and who represent a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and identities, including those from backgrounds historically underrepresented in the sciences, as defined by the NIH
- Fellows are selected by a committee of faculty and Institute leaders and are chosen based on their interdisciplinary scientific goals and achievements, commitment to advancing DEI, and ability to make meaningful contributions to the community
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert