Modendo is revolutionizing endoscopic imaging by producing the thinnest endoscopes to go and see where no one else could. Modendo brings innovation in biophotonics instrumentation as well as in the ensuing biomedical applications.
Design and evaluation of the optical and mechanical performance of novel optical probes and its performance in a prototype imaging system. Your work will be part of an NSF/NIH SBIR project. The role involves collaboration with neuroscientists, biologists, and engineers to determine design criteria and build systems quickly and effectively.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Master’s degree in neuroscience, engineering, physics or science discipline
- Solid understanding of basic physics and engineering fundamentals
- 2+ years of hands on experience in relevant field
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- A strong record of accomplishment in their field, including publications, presentations and patents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- PhD. in neuroscience
- Experience with optical imaging or optogenetics in small animals.
- Experience with a programing language (Python, Matlab, C++…)
- Experience with fiber optics components
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- 401(k) plan.
Modendo Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.