Post-Doctoral Positions - molecular basis of neurodegeneration
- Lakkaraju Lab, University of California, San Francisco
- UCSF, San Francisco
- Two scales above NIH scale + $9,000/year cost-of-living allowance
- Closing date
- Feb 5, 2023
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical, Graduate School or University, Medical, Veterinary or Dental School, Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org.
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia, Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury, Techniques
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Any Experience Level Considered
Two Post-Doctoral Positions to investigate the molecular basis of neurodegeneration and develop new therapeutics
Two Postdoctoral fellowships to investigate inter-cellular crosstalk in microglial activation and neurodegeneration and develop novel therapeutic modalities using advanced live imaging, cellular, molecular, and multi-omics approaches in cell-based and mouse models.
The Lakkaraju laboratory @UCSF. We are a diverse group of scientists studying mechanisms that drive neurodegeneration in the retina to identify promising therapeutic targets that can halt irreversible blindness. We use a broad range of techniques from high resolution imaging, bioinformatics, cell biology and biochemical assays, viral-mediated gene delivery, functional and molecular studies in vivo and in vitro, using tissue culture and mouse models.
Learn more about the Lakkaraju Lab. See our recent papers and patents: https://insight.jci.org/articles/view/142254
Inquisitive and motivated scientists with
• a recent (< 2years) Ph.D. in neuroscience, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a related field
• expertise in one or more relevant areas (mouse models of disease, cell culture, microscopy, RNA-sequencing and bioinformatics, protein biochemistry, etc.)
• an excellent publication record, communication skills, and organizational skills
• the passion and ability to lead independent projects and mentor junior scientists
Our lab offers a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment with access to
• cutting-edge technologies and resources to pursue impactful scientific questions
• direct personal mentoring tailored for success and excellence in your chosen career path
• exciting opportunities to explore STEM outreach, mentoring, and DEI initiatives
• wide range of opportunities for professional development tailored for academia, industry, or unconventional careers in science
• generous postdoctoral stipend and benefits with added cost of living allowance ($9,000/year)
• the vibrant city of San Francisco within the gorgeous natural beauty of the Bay Area
Email Aparna (Aparna.Lakkaraju@ucsf.edu) with a brief introduction, CV, and the names and contact information of at least two references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert