Visit us for consideration and questions
Interested in our Assistant/Associate Professor opportunity? Please visit us at our SfN Interview Booth:
Monday, the 14th at 1pm booth 4
Assistant/Associate Professor, Pharmacology & Systems Physiology
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The Department of Pharmacology and Systems Physiology (PSP) at the University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, invites applications for a faculty position. Final rank/title will be commensurate with credentials. The Department provides exciting opportunities to build an internationally recognized research program leveraging the current strengths of the department, including neuroscience, systems biology, and cardiovascular physiology.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative and diverse department, with new leadership. The Department houses cutting-edge facilities that support research activities, including intravital microscopy, in vitro and in vivo models of disease, rodent behavioral assessment, and membrane and cell physiology. Research efforts are further supported by numerous core facilities within both UC College of Medicine (https://med.uc.edu/research/core-facilities) and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (https://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/research/cores). The combination of a large, major research university with a diverse, family-oriented community make Cincinnati an ideal environment for work-life balance.
Salary will be commensurate based on credentials and accompanied by a highly competitive start-up package. There is also a substantial retirement savings plan.
Successful candidates are expected to incorporate state of the art, interdisciplinary approaches in neuroscience, pharmacology and/or physiology, develop a high-profile program of scholarly research, and excel in teaching and mentoring at the graduate level. A current department goal includes building additional computational and/or mathematical modeling expertise. All faculty are expected to participate in the department’s teaching mission of graduate, medical and undergraduate courses, and demonstrate a commitment to service within the university and at the national level. (e.g., Departmental, College and University committee membership, participation in national scientific organizations, and grant and manuscript review service).
All of the following is required prior to the effective date of appointment:
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Physiology or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience.
- Candidates applying for the level of Associate or Full Professor, must also demonstrate a strong record of securing external funding, a sustained record of excellent research productivity, and an outstanding national reputation in their field.
Applicants must complete and submit an application online that includes:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Summary of their future research vision and current (if applicable) research program (up to 3 pages).
- One-page summary of their teaching philosophy and teaching experience (if applicable).
- Names and contact information of three (3) references as a single PDF file.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.