Sutter Instrument/WaveMetrics is seeking to hire software developers to maintain and develop code for WaveMetrics Igor Pro. Applicants will have to be (or to become) expert in using Igor Pro. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, pay attention to detail, deliver polished work with little or no supervision, contribute to creating and maintaining software that users rave about, and share our commitment to serving our customers. This position has the option to work remotely anywhere in California, Oregon, New York, or may work in either the Portland, OR or Novato, CA offices. Benefits include full medical, dental, 401K, pension, ESOP and Bonus.
Founded in 1987, WaveMetrics is the developer for Igor Pro, used worldwide as one of the leading data management & analysis packages. Its built-in, powerful programming environment makes Igor Pro the ideal platform for sophisticated scientific software applications. At the same time, Igor Pro is a popular platform for efficient analysis for creating even the most complex data visualizations in research publications. With the retirement of its founders, WaveMetrics was acquired by Sutter Instrument in 2022.
For almost 50 years, Sutter Instrument has been an international leader in the manufacture of precision instrumentation for the neurobiological sciences. We have the latest instrumentation for patch clamp and other electrophysiological techniques, and continue to expand our line of manipulators, light sources, multi-photon microscopes, and micropipette pullers. Located in Marin County, North of San Francisco, Sutter Instrument is known for continuous innovation and excellent customer service.
- Learning legacy code in order to support bug fixes and continued development
- Develop in C++ using the Qt framework
- Developing new features to extend the functionality of the Igor Pro application
- Writing technical documentation Technical support Bug fixes
- Ability to work in the United States Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Strong background in science and mathematics (degree preferred)
- Experience in developing event-driven applications or operating systems Self-starter with the ability to manage projects both independently and part of a team Flexibility and eagerness to learn Familiarity with 3D Graphics programming a plus Up to date on Covid vaccinations