Sutter Instrument is looking for a scientific creative writer to complement our Marketing Team. This position will connect with existing and prospective customers through social media, newsletter articles, website content, advertisements, and other channels. The ideal candidate has a background in biological sciences, technical understanding of research papers, and good oral and written communication skills in the English language. If you don’t meet all the qualifications, you may still be considered, depending on your level of experience. Benefits include full medical, dental, 401K, pension, ESOP and Bonus.
For almost 50 years, Sutter Instrument has been an international leader in the manufacture of precision instrumentation for the neurobiological sciences. We have the latest instrumentation for patch clamp and other electrophysiological techniques and continue to expand our line of manipulators, light sources, multi-photon microscopes and micropipette pullers. Privately owned and located in Marin County, North of the San Francisco Bay, Sutter Instrument is known for continuous innovation and excellent customer service.
- Contribute to the creation of the company’s social media presence, marketing materials, catalogs, and online content
- Work with product managers to develop content
- Research articles and fact-check stories
- Write and edit articles, marketing pieces and other documentation
- Assisting with assignment preparation, such as planning, outlines, and synopses
- Participate in training sessions and seminars
- Gather information for an article or other written material about a subject, organization, event, or other issues
- Edit marketing collateral for accurate spelling, punctuation, grammar and facts
- An undergraduate degree in Life Science Discipline, English, communications, marketing, or a related subject is preferred
- Experience in writing for at least three years, preferably creative writing, will give you an advantage
- 1-3 years of experience in a lab or in technical/scientific writing
- Strong English grammar and punctuation skills are essential
- Expert with social media navigation
- Fluency in use of MS Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Experience in desktop publishing software a plus
- Ability to use computer applications in the scientific and technical field
- Self-starter, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects effectively