Postdoctoral, Scientist, and Non-tenured Faculty Positions
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine (MIZZOU Med)
Multiple positions are opening immediately. Research in the Gu laboratory at the Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences (https://medicine.missouri.edu/faculty/zezong-gu-md-phd) focuses on the studies of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and cerebral ischemia associated with aging-related neurodegenerative diseases for the development of biomarkers, preventive and therapeutic strategies. We use multi-disciplinary approaches to conduct translational research and mechanistic studies. The research paradigms include animal models of TBI and cerebral ischemia; transgenic mouse models, and primary cell cultures, as well as advanced neurobehavioral assessments, digital neuropathology and electron microscopy, biochemistry, proteomics, and bioinformatics, to understand the molecular signaling impact on the subcellular deficits.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong creative and critical thinking; detail-oriented and goal-driven researcher who an exceptional team player. Candidates will have opportunities to work on individual studies with sufficient support.
• Ph.D. in neuroscience or related disciplines, such as cell biology, biochemistry, or bioengineering
• Experiences in studies of synaptome, mitochondria, tau pathologies, immunoassay or immunostaining are plus; Or
• Experience in behavioral assessment is a plus; Or
• Experience in quantitative proteomics is a plus to identify surrogate biomarkers.
• A strong record of peer-reviewed publications is highly desirable.
• Very good written and oral communication skills.
If you are interested in joining this vibrant lab with a passion for scientific discoveries and to enjoy the highly collaborative environment. Please email CV including a list of three references with their contact info and a brief description of research interests to Dr. Zezong Gu by email email@example.com.
The University of Missouri-Columbia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.