Lorentz Bio is a research company working on a moonshot goal. Candidates can look forward to joining the founding team and building a well-resourced research program, with access to infrastructure, engineering talent, and operational capacity not available in a conventional academic context.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will establish and manage a pipeline of methods, with an initial focus on histology, to assay structure and function of neural tissue following different interventions. You will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of technicians and research associates. You will collaborate with company leadership to give input on our preclinical research direction, and pilot novel assay directions.
- You’ve completed a PhD with 3+ years of post-doc/industry experience in Neuroscience or Cell Biology.
- Experience with histology.
- A strong record of accomplishment in your field, including publications, presentations, and patents.
- Familiarity with a common programming language (Python, R, C, etc), feel comfortable programming when appropriate.
- Experience successfully managing and mentoring.
If you have experience in any of the following domains, we’d strongly encourage you to apply:
- Experience with electrophysiology, cell culture, MRI, EEG, or metabolomics is of interest.
- Expertise in evaluating various types of cellular damage i.e. ischemia, toxicity, osmotic damage.
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.