Houston Methodist is highly interested in advancing biomedical research through collaborative team science. Our more than 550 faculty and members work with more than 1,500 credentialed investigators at Houston Methodist and a network of more than 62,000 co-authors around the world. In addition, we support a range of academic affiliations and collaborations with Weill Cornell Medical College, Rice University, UT A&M, and others in the internationally renowned Texas Medical Center where talents and cutting-edge technologies are highly concentrated.
At Houston Methodist, our commitment is to develop and move the best, most innovative science, and technology from the lab bench to the patient's bedside through programs of translational and interdisciplinary research. The primary purpose of the Neuroscientist position is to integrate into the teams and carry out research projects. This position will work in teams and independently and will supervise the work of research assistants and trainees.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to interact across the wide range of clinical, translational, and basic science programs offered at the Research Institute of Houston Methodist Hospital as well as academic institutions at the Texas Medical Center. The position requires a strong commitment to scholarly work and should include experience in laboratory-based research. Necessary qualifications include a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD, and suitable teaching and scholarship experience.
- The Neuroscientist must demonstrate expertise in neuroscience with interests in glia biology, neurodegenerative disorders, peripheral neuropathies, or synapse biology. Other desired expertise, though not required, include fly or zebrafish models, exosome biology, human genetics, or bioinformatics.
Research Design and implementation
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and participates in scientific projects.
- Apply extramural and private research funds.
- Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data and revises techniques or approaches to work problems.
- Supervises the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
- Compiles, writes, and submits reports to scientific journals. Ensures the highest quality of publications.
Methodist Hospital Proudly Offers
Competitive Compensation Package
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Welcome to Texas
The city of Houston, the nation's fourth-largest city welcomes you. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, the theater and museum districts, hundreds of restaurants, and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy outdoor recreation with its municipal and state parks, jogging paths, golf, hiking, biking, and camping. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are all less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area's public and private schools and availability of institutions of higher learning. Texas is a tort-reform state with no state income tax, making it an exceptional place to live and work.