Postdoctoral Research Associate in Neuroscience / Neurobiology
The Bikoff lab (https://www.stjude.org/research/labs/bikoff-lab.html) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher interested in studying neural circuitry in mice.
The fundamental goal of our research is to understand how neural circuits control movement. We approach this from multiple perspectives, using cutting-edge technologies to analyze the molecular diversity of spinal interneurons, explore how descending systems in the brain convey information to the spinal motor system, and define the functional roles of spinal interneurons in generating behavior.
These projects are highly multidisciplinary, taking advantage of a wide range of techniques including viral tracing, optogenetics and electrophysiology, whole-brain imaging, single-cell transcriptomics, and quantitative approaches to behavior. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds that would thrive in a highly collaborative, fun, and supportive environment that provides the freedom to independently develop a research project.
The Bikoff lab is strongly committed to providing individual mentoring and training, as well as ongoing support at all stages of career development.
Applications: Individuals with evidence of scientific accomplishment are encouraged to apply by sending their CV, a brief description of research interests, and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD in neuroscience or related discipline
- Prior experience in electrophysiology, imaging, and/or behavior
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Matlab) for data analysis
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments and interpret data
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
EEO Statement: St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer