Postdoctoral Position on Alzheimer’s disease modeling using New Approach Methodologies
- National Center for Toxicological Research/FDA
- Jefferson, Arkansas
- Closing date
- Aug 14, 2022
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Area
- Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Entry Level
A postdoctoral fellowship opportunity is currently available in the Division of Neurotoxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is located on Jefferson Laboratories Campus in Jefferson, Arkansas.
The successful candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary project to develop and characterize a brain-on-a-chip model of Alzheimer's Disease (AD). The project aims to investigate the role of APOE status on the development of neurovascular dysfunction in AD. The candidate will use New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) including patient-derived induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) and microphysiological systems (organ-chips) to construct a physiologically relevant model of AD.
The candidate will collaborate with FDA investigators at NCTR and with investigators in other FDA centers. During the project, the candidate will be actively encouraged to present the research at internal and external meetings and publish the findings in peer-reviewed journals.
The qualified candidate should be currently pursuing or have received a doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields (e.g., Neuroscience, Toxicology/Genetic Toxicology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science). Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.
- Thorough knowledge in the areas of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Neuroscience and Toxicology
- Thorough knowledge in blood-brain barrier/neurovascular unit physiology Prior experience in hiPSCs culture, differentiation, and characterization
- Prior experience with the use of microphysiological systems or organ-chips
- Previous experience in cellular and molecular biology methods (cell culture, western blot, PCR, ELISA, immunocytochemistry)
- Previous experience in confocal microscopy
- Candidates should be highly motivated with demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert