- Full time, fixed term for 3 years with a possible extension
- Great opportunity to contribute to research into the therapeutic effects of cannabinoids within brain disorders at the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics
- Base Salary from $110,000 - $131,000 + 17% super
About the opportunity
The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics is an Australian first in the field of medicinal cannabis research, established with a generous and unprecedented gift from the Lambert family to the University of Sydney. The goal of The Lambert Initiative is to advance cannabinoid-based treatments and introduce safe and effective cannabinoid therapeutics into mainstream medicine in order to alleviate human suffering.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- interface with current Lambert Initiative researchers in the areas of medicinal chemistry, cellular pharmacology and preclinical and clinical research to advance drug discovery and development of cannabinoid therapeutics
- conduct studies assessing the efficacy of cannabinoids in animal models of disease with an emphasis on brain disorders
- a PhD in a relevant area such as drug discovery, neuroscience, biochemistry or pharmacology
- strong expertise and research experience in medical research particularly in drug discovery and pharmacology
- demonstrated expertise in epilepsy or sleep research including performing EEG studies in rodent models would be particularly well regarded
- independence in conducting high-quality research under limited supervision
- proven high-level problem-solving skills
- a strong track record in research publication in journals of high impact
- excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- experience with funding applications for research grants and/or research fellowships.
If successful you will be appointed to the Discipline of Pharmacology, Sydney Pharmacy School, Faculty of Medicine and Health.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, Friday 15 July 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/details/Research-Fellow_0082473-1?q=0082473%20Research%20Fellow
© The University of Sydney