The Health Neuroscience Collaboratory at the Arizona State University invites applications for this exciting interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Neuroimaging and Health Neuroscience (2-3 years). The application deadline is July 21, 2022. Health Neuroscience is a new interdisciplinary field encompassing research from cognitive, affective, and social neuroscience, health psychology, physical, cognitive and mental health, and the science of behavior change. The Postdoctoral Fellow will participate in the National Institutes of Health-funded projects focusing on the body-mind mechanisms of behavior changes such as substance use and aging-related cognitive decline and disorders (e.g., ADRD) using multi-modal neuroimaging techniques (e.g., structural MRI, diffusion MRI, task- and resting-state functional MRI, EEG), physiological assessments (e.g., cortisol, heart rate variability), and interventions (e.g., attention training, mindfulness, exercise, neurofeedback, brain stimulation).
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in related research areas.
- Proven research experience in functional and/or structural MRI analysis methods, e.g., resting-state functional connectivity, task fMRI, time-varying connectivity, fiber tractography, and structural segmentation.
- Experience with at least one of the following software: FreeSurfer, SPM, FSL, AFNI, and/or other analysis pipelines (e.g., fmriprep).
- Experience with programming, such as R, Matlab, Python, and/or other relevant programming languages.
- Experience with statistical analyses using R, SPSS, and/or other equivalent software.
- Excellent organizational, communicational, and problem-solving skills; ability to plan, prioritize and keep multiple projects/tasks moving forward at once.
- A track record of documented productivity.
- Expertise in and advanced neuroimaging analysis techniques (e.g., machine learning, neural modeling) are highly desired but not required.
There will be many opportunities within the College of Health Solutions to develop translational health neuroscience research skills (e.g., precision/personalized health, individualized treatment development and biomarker/predictor development), and collaborations with investigators outside of the College of Health Solutions such as behavioral neuroscience and cognitive science (Department of Psychology), biomedical engineering (School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering), interdisciplinary neuroscience (School of Life Sciences), the ASU-Banner Neurodegenerative Disease Research Center, the Biodesign Institute, Barrow Neurological Institute, and Mayo Clinic.
Given that health neuroscience is a new interdisciplinary field, there will be opportunities to transit from a postdoc to an independent researcher and become a future leader in the exciting field. We are looking to grow our team to help build the next generation of health neuroscientists.
To apply, please submit the following as pdf(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions,
please reach out to Professor Yi-Yuan Tang at email@example.com.
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) Statement of experiences and research interests (1-2 pages)
(3) Names and contact information of three references (letters are not necessary for the initial application).