Post Doctorate Research Fellow - Neuroscience - Full Time
- Rush University
- Closing date
- Jun 12, 2022
- Job Function
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Perform neuroscience, cell biology, and microbiome research under limited supervision. Plan, design, initiate, and perform complex scientific research experiments within a Translational Medicine research laboratory. Evaluate and interpret data, and subsequently prepares abstracts, research reports, and manuscripts based on experimental results. Submit manuscripts for publication and grant applications. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Plans and directs experiments related to neuroscience, cell biology, and microbiome research.
- Identifies original research projects, experiments, and research directions.
- Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to accomplish research objectives.
- Independently prepares abstracts, research reports, and manuscripts for presentation and/or publication.
- Participate in grant preparation and grant submission.
- Responsible for animal handling and working with animal tissues.
- Coordinate research activities with Clinical Research Staff and working with and handling human tissues.
- May supervise graduate students and research staff.
- Maintains a safe laboratory environment and ensures compliance with governmental and University policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other job-related assignments as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- A mature and motivated individual who is well trained in areas of neuroscience, cell biology, and microbiology.
- Education: PhD or MD, equivalent experience
- Earned PhD or MD in sciences or equivalent.
- 0-3 years post doc experience with animal handling experience, neuroscience, cell biology, and microbiology techniques.
- Expertise in behavioral testing and cell biology assessments (e.g., immunohistochemistry, PCR, Western blots, Elisa).
- Expertise in working with relevant experimental models of disease.
- Ability to organize and perform laboratory work on several concurrent research projects.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, efficient and interacts well with others as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Neuroscience, cell biology, or microbiology PhD preferred.
- Strong communication, data analysis, computer and organizational skills.
- Expertise with confocal imaging techniques and with high-content screening platforms.
Typical laboratory environment (BSL-2, no eating or drinking)
Scientific skills as outlined above, original creative thinking, good communication skills, ability to manage support lab personnel and graduate students and work well with scientific colleagues.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Rush has been named one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the country by Truven Health Analytics three times.
For the ninth consecutive year, Rush has been named a leader in LGBT health care equality in the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) report.
Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
Rush is an academic health system comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Rush University Medical Center is a four-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert