Who is BlueRock?
BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy company using its unique cell+gene platform to direct cellular differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new generation of cellular medicines that address large patient populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and immunology diseases.
The convergence of cell biology and genetic engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease. Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs, we are advancing our novel cell+gene platform to develop, manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas: neurology, cardiology, and immunology.
What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients’ lives.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients’ lives. The New York, USA site is seeking a Research Associate I/II in the Division of Neurology in Translational Neuroscience, reporting to a scientist in Translational Neuroscience.
The incumbent will be a technical contributor in a dynamic and progressive team pioneering the differentiation and purification of therapeutic cells from pluripotent stem cells. Hands on experience in the development of scalable cell culture and cell processing methods/technologies is essential. He/She will work closely with Assay and Biomarker development and In Vivo Sciences teams.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented scientist to contribute to bringing a new class of medicines to patients and gain valuable career experience in translational medicine. Collaboration with a highly-motivated, world-class team of scientists and engineers promises an exciting and engaging work environment for motivated, self-starting candidates.
- Execute in vitro and ex vivo electrophysiology and molecular biology experiments.
- Support ongoing cell culture studies in collaboration with the team.
- Participate in coordinated experimental planning and execution among team members and across functional teams.
- Critical/analytical thinking; expertise in complex data interpretation.
- A good combination of independent and team player.
- A background in in vitro experiments for differentiation, characterization and cultivation of pluripotent stem cells and derivatives is a plus.
- Analyze, visualize, and document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and follow standard operating procedures, batch records, reports, and other documentation.
- Organize and present scientific data to peers at internal platforms.
- This position requires occasional overtime on the weekend and after hours.
- BS Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biology or Neuroscience with 0-5 years of full-time lab experiences or MS in Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, or Stem Cell Biology with minimum 0-3 years of full-time lab experiences.
- Experience with in vitro and ex-vivo patch clamp (cell lines, cardiac cells, primary neurons, or slice electrophysiology). Experience with MEA and optogenetics is a plus.
- Expertise and knowledge in Cardiac Biology or Neuroscience, and Molecular Biology.
- Experience with, and functional understanding of cell characterization methods and technologies (e.g., flow cytometry, qPCR, immunoassays, microscopy, molecular biology) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on experience with scalable cell culture system (in monolayer or 3D), or spheroid/organoid culture system a plus. Hands-on experience with in vivo approaches in neurosciences a plus.
Equal Opportunity Workplace: At BlueRock, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.