Dr. Ren's Lab in the Department of Otolaryngology at Ohio State is seeking a post-doctoral scholar to become part of the interdisciplinary team. The laboratory is focused on applying nanotechnology tools to study biomarkers and new treatments for skull base tumors (vestibular schwannomas), and developing methods for CNS delivery of adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors therapies for hearing loss.
- Molecular biology techniques including: cloning, genome editing, western blot, PCR, flow cytometry, assessment of tumor biology in animal models
- Experience with auditory neuroscience, gene therapy, and confocal microscopy highly preferred
- Manuscript and grant preparation and submission
- Highly motivated with passion for science, attention to details, problem-solving skills and ability to work independently, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bioinformatics experience with genomic datasets is desired but not required
Interested candidates should send an application package, including your CV, cover letter describing your background and interest, and contact information for 3 references to:
Contact: Yin Ren, MD PhD, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other basis under the law. Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.