Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Neuroscience faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will:
• Contributes to the development and delivery of an integrated systems-based curriculum.
• Collaborates with clinical and biomedical faculty to integrate neuroscience concepts throughout the medical education curriculum.
• Utilizes a variety of teaching methods including large and small group discussions, case reports, grand rounds, and other interactive approaches.
• Writes COMLEX-USA and USMLE exam-style questions.
• Develops research initiatives that align with the mission of Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Serves as a faculty advisor and research mentor to medical students.
• Participates in faculty development.
• Serves as course director for Neuroscience and Behavior.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.