Lorentz Bio is an early stage, well-funded deeptech startup tackling a moonshot in longevity. We are hiring talented, ambitious scientists to form our founding team and reimagine the scientific field and industry of cryopreservation.
Advancing methods to better cryopreserve organs will address pressing medical needs, like organ transplantation, and help ensure humanity’s well-being far into the future.
We bring together the best talent in the world across physics, chemistry, and biology to rapidly iterate on technologies to make organ cryopreservation less damaging and more accessible. We believe a small, motivated team can impact large problems, while maintaining a strong sense of rigor and skepticism about the ability to predict outcomes in biological experiments.
We encourage candidates to apply if they have expertise in one or more of the listed technical qualifications. We will work with you to hire scientists and technicians to fill in any gaps.
- Develop and oversee experiments and assays for the measuring biological and functional preservation of the brain following cryopreservation
- Build and manage a technical team, including scientists, histologists, and medical imaging technicians.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of chemists, neuroscientists, and engineers to improve cryopreservation methods
You are obsessed with assaying brain function. You should be deeply interested in, and have thought about the nuances involved in assaying the function of the brain at different spatial scales, and in different conditions. You don’t have to have personally run assays at all scales, but you should be interested in doing pioneering work which requires a team of experts to assay function at all scales (spatial transcriptomics through MRI/EEG).
- You are motivated by improving human health, and optimistic about our ability to make significant breakthroughs in our lifetime. You should have a deeply scientific approach to moonshot project claims - interested in ambitious projects by default, but calibrated to the evidence required for the claims being made.
- You have a collaborative mindset. Ideally, you’ve worked with others on hard projects you can tell us about in the past. Building hard tech with a team is the metric for success.
- A PhD in neuroscience, biology, physiology, bioengineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in electrophysiology, systems neuroscience, and behavioral testing
- Experience working with animals
Lorentz Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Lorentz Bio will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.