Possible Projects: The successful candidate is encouraged to develop & conduct her/his own project within the scope of the Einstein lab’s and the Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration and Aging’s (CCNA) objectives and will have the opportunity to contribute to and lead analyses of COMPASS-ND data set of the CCNA: https://ccna-ccnv.ca/compass-nd-study.
About the Lab: The Einstein Lab comprises diverse, motivated individuals working in an open intellectual, collaborative environment. The lab focuses on how the biological (sex) and the social (gender) intersect to increase women’s risk of late-life dementia. We study reproductive hormones, genes, inflammation, pain, immigration, and sleep to understand how multiple body systems interact to affect cognition and brain structure/function. We combine these measures with qualitative interviewing to understand how memory changes align with sense of self.
Description of duties:
- Recruiting participants for studies
- Designing experiments and writing ethics applications
- Gathering data via qualitative or quantitative methods
- Analyzing data
- Preparing manuscripts for publication
- Presenting findings at local, national and international conferences
- Providing support to the graduate and undergraduate students also engaged in the project
- Providing support for the activities of the Women, Sex, Gender, and Dementia Cross-cutting Program of the CCNA.