PCOM South Georgia is seeking a qualified individual to educate Osteopathic medical students and Biomedical Masters students in Anatomy at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level. PCOM is committed to preparing professionals for the ever-changing landscape of healthcare. We are looking for proactive, engaged, and innovative individuals to help define and shape the future of medical and scientific education. PCOM’s South Georgia campus features a new, modern campus equipped with a state of the art anatomy laboratory and simulation center.
Faculty members develop meaningful relationships with students for academic, career, and personal advising, and all faculty contribute to the PCOM’s mission through active participation on committees and other activities of the institution. Uniquely, PCOM South Georgia emphasizes the importance of rural healthcare and the impact our students can have while practicing medicine amongst underserved populations.
PCOM offers a competitive Benefits package while living in the safe and affordable small town of Moultrie, GA. Local amenities allow for a relaxed pace of life with multiple natural recreation sites nearby (i.e. GA and FL State Parks, FL Gulf Coast).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Educate students in the clinically orientated anatomical sciences (Gross anatomy, Histology, Embryology, Neuroanatomy) in the classroom and cadaver dissection laboratory.
- Create assessments for osteopathic and biomedical students.
- Serve in leadership and membership capacities on college and campus committees.
- Evaluate student progress in learning appropriate medical and scientific knowledge. Communicate these evaluations to the student and administrative/faculty members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Ph.D., M.D., or D.O. degree is required.
- Required experience in dissecting (trained in classical human anatomy dissection preferred) in an educational setting, preferably a medical school.
- Applicants with expertise in histology and/or neuroanatomy will be preferred, but not required.
- Three (3) years of experience in medical education is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in active learning is preferred.
- Experience in a collaborative approach to education is preferred.
- Open to non-traditional research.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heavy lifting
- Working within proximity of formaldehyde
All inquiries MUST include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Statement of teaching philosophy