Paros Bio is a cutting-edge gene therapy company delivering transformative therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. We are a fast growing, patient-focused team located in Boston Massachusetts. Paros is seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to expand our Autosomal-Dominant Alzheimer’s program.
Our ideal candidate should possess a broad scientific skill set and contribute to multiple projects in our preclinical program. The candidate is expected to work both independently and within a dynamic team environment to design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments to develop and evaluate novel gene therapy candidates. Extensive experience with cell culture techniques, with an emphasis on inducible pluripotent stem cells is required. Additional experience in gene therapy techniques and a background in neurodegenerative disease biology are highly desirable.
This position will have excellent growth potential and will provide broad exposure to the development of a first-in-class therapeutic driven by a team of accomplished industry experts. The candidate should have an advanced degree in neuroscience with additional postdoctoral experience or relevant experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry setting. or a related field.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Design and conduct in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Grow, maintain and manipulate human derived cells including iPSCs
- Carry out basic molecular biological techniques including western blotting, ELISA, PCR, immunocytochemistry, etc
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all laboratory experiments
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use
- Keep abreast of, and use, state-of-the-art technologies in drug discovery
- Write reports, manuscripts and generate data packages supporting drug candidate advancement and/or publication.
- Ph.D. or MS. degree, preferably in a Neuroscience field, with additional postdoctoral experience or relevant experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry setting.
- A scientific background in generating and evaluating AAV gene therapy vectors in cell culture and animal models is a plus.
- Excellent technical skills, a track record of hypothesis-driven experimentation, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and a sense of urgency