The Tufts University Department of Neuroscience is dedicated to investigating the mechanisms of neurobiological disorders to improve therapeutic approaches to treating mental health. The Neuroscience department has a specific focus on drug development and discovering new drug targets for preclinical research.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the laboratory of Dr. Stephen Moss at Tufts University School of Medicine. The successful candidate will apply cutting edge approaches to study neuronal inhibition and how deficits in this process contribute to brain disorders. You will have access to cutting edge technology and facilities plus the opportunity to work with local Neuroscience startups.
- Design and conduct research to validate and characterize the role of candidate pathways, mechanisms, targets and experimental therapeutics for a range of brain disorders.
- Interact and collaborate with scientists across Tufts and local Neuroscience companies.
- Publish scientific papers and attend conferences to communicate novel findings to the research community.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, And Certifications/Licenses:
A PhD in one of the following areas:
- Cell/Molecular Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, (Neuroscience or related disciplines preferred)
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
- Protein purification
- Mass spectroscopy
- Viral delivery to the CNS
- EEG recording
- Animal surgery and Behaviour
- Prior skills with using rats and mice for experiments is preferred
- Ability to design and carry out research independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and initiate collaborations with peers
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.