The Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) is a scientific initiative within theSimons Foundation's suite of programs whose mission is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders by funding innovative research of the greatest quality and relevance.
The Informatics team supports SFARI with their data projects. The Informatics team currently seeks a Research Data Analyst to support development and maintenance of SFARIGene database, perform database queries, prepare analysis and summary reports, and regularly prepare autism-related data sets for distribution. The role will collaborate and work closely with other data analysts, software engineers, scientists, project managers and coordinators. This Research Data Analyst will make a direct and lasting impact on autism research by facilitating access to data from several large, ongoing autism research studies within SFARI.
- Perform database queries, construct data sets and prepare analysis reports
- Prepare and maintain documentation
- Perform database quality assessments
- Perform analysis of, and document, business requirements
- Assist with application testing and training
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Master's degree in the sciences, mathematics or related field
Experience, Related Skills & Other Requirements
- At least 1 year of experience in a research setting
- At least 3 years' experience with SQL
- Experience with managing and responding to multiple concurrent requests and prioritizing requests accordingly
- Ability to be efficient with time and resources and meet deadlines
- Demonstration of consistent accuracy and careful attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with database design, management and administration.
- Experience with computer scripting and programming (e.g., Linux terminal shell, Python, Perl, C, and Java)
- Experience with human-subjects research and understanding of HIPAA
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Experience with statistical-analysis approaches
- Experience with statistical software in R/Python
- Experience with bibliometrics analysis and text mining.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/6ezLY8iN22knHR6MtBX27