The Ellerby lab at the Buck Institute is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to model neurodegenerative diseases- Alzheimer’s disease - using iPSCs. The successful candidate will have some experience in stem cell biology, neurodegenerative diseases and use of mouse models of disease. They will have a demonstrated aptitude to be a leading author on peer-reviewed publications, provide innovative solutions to research problems, and have the ability to apply for fellowship/scholarship awards. This work is in collaboration with the Campisi lab.
The Ellerby lab focuses on understanding the fundamental mechanisms that lead to age-related neurodegenerative diseases and identifying new therapeutic targets for these diseases. We are excited to use new technologies to interrogate why these neurological diseases are so abundant as we age and identify small molecule or protein therapeutics for these diseases. Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) derived from patient cells, genomics, proteomics, small molecule screens, single cell analysis, and CRISPR/Cas9 are all technologies applied to deepen our understanding of these diseases and aging.
- Participate in innovative research aimed at understanding the role of cellular senescence in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Focus on single cell genomics, in combination with induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and organoids.
- Collaborate with biologists at the Buck Institute for developing standardized protocols and experimental design.
- Use AD mice to understand cellular senescence pathways
- Perform data analysis, annotation, and report preparation using commercial data integration, pathway analysis and visualization software.
- Attend and participate in institutional programs, seminars and lectures.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Biology, Chemistry, or other related fields
- Excellent cell culture skills
- iPSC background a plus
- Experience in stem cell biology, neurodegenerative diseases and CRISPR/Cas9
- Demonstrated ability to be a leading author on peer-reviewed publications
- Works well in an interdisciplinary team of scientists
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Exciting, dynamic work environment at the forefront of science using state-of-the-art techniques
- Competitive (academic/non-profit research institute/North Bay) salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid parental leave, generous PTO and 401(k) with 5% employer match and profit sharing
- Collaborative environment – both for science and social activities
Apply online by uploading a CV plus a PDF document that includes a summary of research interests and the names and phone numbers of three references.
For more information please contact:
Lisa Ellerby, Ph.D., Professor - email@example.com